Friday, January 8, 2010

Smocking with beads

Smocking on baby dress is tempting for anyone with little knowledge of embroidery. I felt the interest in smocking once my daughter, Kshetra, was born. "Smocking begins with marking smocking dots in a grid pattern on the wrong side of the fabric and gathering it with temporary running stitches. These stitches are anchored on each end in a manner that facilitates later removal and are analogous to basting stitches. Then a row of cable stitching stabilizes the top and bottom of the working area.Smocking may be done in many sophisticated patterns. Standard hand smocking stitches are: Bullion stitch,Wave stitch,Cable stitch and Stem stitch".-Wiki

.

1 comment:

Lakshmi Sadala said...

Nitha welcom to the blogging world..wish have a wonderful time blogging..
ur smocking works is very nice..
bags reminds me of my school days when my maom made me to sit n crochet the bags..and we made few macrame works also..
patty work is completely new to me..quite interesting..
why dont u give ur other 2 blog address here in this page itself than ur profile.just a suggestion..

love
lakshmi